Whether you're a parent or not, you might have contact with children and should know about this danger! Molly is just few months old. One afternoon, while her parents were eating quietly in the dining room, Molly suddenly started to cry and scream. 




At first, her parents weren't worried. But when they saw that she wasn't calming down after few minutes, they start to panic. They thought she was too warm and took her socks off. Then, they noticed this horrible thing:


Had a small scare this afternoon with Ms. Molly. What happened was new to me, but apparently not totally uncommon, so I figured I'd share with my fellow parents out there.


I was with the family over lunch and Molly was cranky and screaming--nothing out of the ordinary. As worked up as she was getting, she started to overheat, which prompted Jess to remove her socks and cool her down. That's when we saw her toe. This is called a hair tourniquet, which is literally a strand of hair that, while inside a sock, unexplainably wraps around a toe so tight that it can cut through the skin and potentially cut off blood circulation.

Luckily for Molly, she has a mother with medical emergency superpowers who was able to remove the hair with tweezers and a magnifying glass within a few minutes. This picture was taken about 45 minutes after the hair was removed. Unfortunately, the hair managed to cut all the way through Molly's skin, completely around her toe, but it could have been worse had it gone much longer untreated, or if the hair wasn't accessible.

The doctor told me, for future reference, to always check the toes if the baby is inconsolable. Just an FYI to any parents or care takers out there”

 

Molly’s parents' warning is very important and more than 18000 people have already shared it to warn others of the danger. You too, can share this cautionary remark with everyone you know, and protect a baby!

Source:hefty.co